'blind fold' reflect the enormous cultural diversity
more than twenty five different languages woven
a void space between two floors
a balustrade and a handrail.
psyche from the school of fontainebleau.
she is represented sitting with infinite folds of fabric draped gently
around her body. the reworking is a fragmented translation of the baroque
motion in the folds of the fabric,
thirty eight large sheets of glass
the blood red jarrah handrail
this writing in the dark
yet another language.
…two floors that are separated by a fold that echoes itself.
text for braille handrail
1. 3015 mm - ascending the staircase into a void space between two floors you enter 'blind fold'… this work is a blood red jarrah handrail and a balustrade with 38 large sheets of sand blasted glass carrying fragmented translations of the baroque motion in folds of fabric. more than 25 different languages are woven into the folds.
2. 1540mm – this writing in the dark is yet another language, read by finger tips.
3. 2940mm 'psyche' from the school of fontainebleau by l c masters
4. 1540mm – liverpool council, stephenson and turner architects, geoffrey litho press, harradence glass, djq industries and anna kortschek collaborated to produce blind fold by robyn backen 1996
5. 2860mm – the library will endure; illuminated, solitary, infinite, equipped with precious volumes, perfectly motionless, useless, incorruptible secrets
6. 810mm – …two floors that are separated by a fold that echoes itself back